Life is too short to eat bad dessert. Even if you’re vegan, gluten-free, or Paleo, there's no need to miss out—there are plenty of healthier, great-tasting options out there, you just gotta use the right ingredients.
For this Super Simple Banana Bread, you don't even need a mixer and it turns out awesome every time! It is light, fluffy, moist and oh so incredibly delicious. Just the smell coming from the oven is enough to drive you crazy for it.
Take one bite and you will be guaranteed to go back for more!
You will need:
300g buckwheat flour
300g ripe bananas ( 1 extra banana to decorate cake )
200g soft medjoul dates
150ml soy milk
20g ground flaxseeds
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Place some parchment paper in to the loaf tin
- In a small bowl mix flaxseeds with 50 ml water. Flaxseeds will absorb all the water and this will be substitute for eggs. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas and dates. Add the soy milk, vanilla and flaxseeds and whisk to incorporate.
- Sift in the buckwheat flour, baking soda, salt, ground ginger and cinnamon and use spatula to mix the mixture.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared pan, and top with the extra banana slices and goji berries.
- Bake for about 1h and 10 minutes.
An article is made special for Fitsita by fitness trainer Vita Stalidzane
Follow her on Instagram @vitastalidzane_m
For more healthy tips and recipes subscribe our newsletter and follow us on social media!