It’s an easy, no mixer recipe that goes from bowl to oven in minutes. Baking with carrots not only adds chewy texture and natural sweetness, but adds so much moisture that it’s impossible to have a dry loaf. It’s soft, tender, uber-moist, dense enough to be satisfying, but still light.
The cinnamon really shine and add so much wonderful, rich, depth of flavor.
The carrots dominate and the bread has a more pronounced ‘carrot cake’. And this carrot cake is 100% vegan, which means no eggs or dairy products involved.
You will need:
300g buckwheat flour
50g almond flour
50g chopped walnuts
20g ground flaxseeds
250g soft medjoul dates
250g finely grated carrots
200ml dairy free milk ( I used almond milk)
1tsp vanilla extract
1tsp baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃.
2. In a small bowl mix flaxseeds with 50 ml water. Flaxseeds will absorb all the water and this will be substitute for eggs. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients - buckwheat flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt together.
4. In a larger bowl mash dates with a fork by slowly adding almond milk until you get smooth consistency. Add flaxseeds, grated carrots and vanilla extract and mix it with spatula.
5. Mix dry and wet ingredients together.
6. When mixture is well combined, place it into the loaf tin, sprinkle with some chopped walnuts or any kind of nuts of your choice.
7. Bake for 1h 10min
8. It tastes better when it's completely cooled down but if you can't wait to try, just go ahead and slice as soon as it's ready.
An article is made special for Fitsita by fitness trainer Vita Stalidzane
Follow her on Instagram @vitastalidzane_m
For more healthy tips and recipes subscribe our newsletter and follow us on social media!