A fantastic combination of healthy and sweet that tastes out of this world. For this recipe you will need:
3 cups oat flour
1/2 cup coconut oil
100g dark chocolate/chocolate chips
15g ground flaxseeds
1/2 cup date syrup (you can use maple or any other syrup you like)
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃.
2. In a small bowl mix flaxseeds with 50 ml water. Flaxseeds will absorb all the water and this will be substitute for eggs.
3. Here's the easy part, use your hands to mix all the ingredients together except chocolate chips. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in the chopped dark chocolate.
4. Wrap the mixture in cling wrap and let it chill in the fridge for approximately 30 min.
5. Separate dough in 10 equal parts and press down slightly to flatten - note that the cookies won’t spread very much, so press them down to the thickness you prefer.
6. Bake them for 25min at 180℃
7. Let it cool for about 5 minutes and enjoy with cup of Almond milk!
This article is made specially for Fitsita by fitness trainer Vita Stalidzane
Follow her on Instagram @vitastalidzane_m
For more healthy tips and recipes subscribe our newsletter and follow us on social media!