Healthy Carrot Cake with Cashew “Cream Cheese” Frosting. ! This cake is EVERYTHING! It’s vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free. This cake is moist, sweet, and perfectly spiced. And the frosting! It’s my favorite part.To make the frosting, all you have to do is blend all the ingredients on high speed in a blender until silky smooth.
So, go ahead and make this for dessert. Then eat any leftovers for breakfast because it’s HEALTHY
FOR THE CAKE:
300g buckwheat flour
20g ground flaxseeds
300g soft medjoul dates
250g finely grated carrots
200ml dairy free milk ( I used almond milk)
2tsp vanilla extract
1tsp baking powder
FOR THE CASHEW FROSTING:
150g overnight soaked cashews
3tbsp melted coconut oil
3tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp almond milk
1tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃.
2. In a small bowl mix flaxseeds with 50 ml water. Flaxseeds will absorb all the water and this will be substitute for eggs. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients - buckwheat flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt together.
4. In a larger bowl mash dates with a fork by slowly adding almond milk until you get smooth consistency. Add flaxseeds, finely grated carrots and vanilla extract and mix it with spatula.
5. Mix dry and wet ingredients together.
6. When mixture is well combined, transfer to the cake pan.
7. Bake for 1h 10min
8. While cake is baking we are going to make the frosting. Blend all ingredients in your high-speed blender or food procesor until smooth.
9. Once cake is chilled, remove from pan and cover with cashew "cream cheese" frosting. Top with chopped walnuts, pistachios and grated lime. Lime will add nice citrusy flavour which will make this cake taste even better.
This article is made specially for Fitsita by fitness trainer Vita Stalidzane
Follow her on Instagram @vitastalidzane_m
For more healthy tips and recipes subscribe our newsletter and follow us on social media!