These healthy dairy free, egg free and 100% vegan chocolate hazelnut muffins are heaven..
The texture is a bit different as almond flour doesn't rise the same way as regular wheat flour, but don't worry they taste even better and are much healthier than regular muffins.
You will need:
200 ml soy milk(or any other dairy free milk)
100 ml water
150 g soft medjoul dates
100 g almond flour
50 g cacao powder
50 g chopped hazelnuts
15 g ground flaxseeds
1 ripe banana
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃.
2. In a small bowl mix flaxseeds with 100 ml water. Flaxseeds will absorb all the water and this will be substitute for eggs. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt together.
4. In a larger bowl, using hand blender or mixer combine the dates, banana, soy milk, and vanilla extract. Add flaxseeds and blend it again.
5. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir in the hazelnuts.
6. Fill paper liners in a muffin pan almost all the way full. I used an ice cream scoop to have equal amounts in each cup. Sprinkle some dark chocolate chips and crushed hazelnuts. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
7. Once they ready, leave it for couple of minutes to cool down.
Enjoy these as a healthy snack or dessert. By the way, they are perfect for breakfast on the go!
An article is made special for Fitsita by fitness trainer Vita Stalidzane
Follow her on Instagram @vitastalidzane_m
For more healthy tips and recipes subscribe our newsletter and follow us on social media!